[AMC-list] Re Electrical Problems

       first consider what the other guys are saying, they actually know what
they are talking about.

  i recently had similar problems as you do.  took the
Alt off and took it to 3 auto part places to test, each came up w/something
different.    then found out many auto parts places will do a pretty good
elec test for free with the car running.

     i checked all kinds of things and finally took the Alt in to have it
rebuilt ($60) and man did things all worked a lot better after that.  no more
'AMC' Alt glow.   so figure the Alt was borderline, thus the vague
readings.

  also with help of guys here,  found the ground strap was missing
and installed one of those.

Subject: [AMC-list] Electrical Problems

Well the Javelin has been running beautifully for several years until
now. I replaced the battery (which was seven years old) and was failing.
But there's something else wrong or failing in the electrical system.
When I have the headlights on (which has only been recently due to the
switch to standard time) the blinkers don't work. If the lights are off
the blinkers work but slower than normal. The alternator light which
usually has a slight glow to it is not lighting at all. The Sony stereo
shuts off when the lights are on and I hit the blinker.
The whole system seems weak. Could this be the alternator going out or
the voltage regulator or what?
I'm no expert on car electronics, so any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks,

Neil Shaw