From: Marc Montoni <Freedom@xxxxxxxx>
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tue, November 16, 2010 6:10:53 AM
Subject: [AMC-list] Car Show in Iran

Some of you may remember that AMC and its predecessors had a quite respectable
sales network in Iran, right up until 1980:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pars_Khodro

The Rambler American was built in Iran in knocked-down kits; while the senior
cars and even a few Javelins made it in as imports.

Below is a link to a classic car show that took place recently.  Don't see any
AMC's in it, but it's a good bet there are still some left in the country.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/rep/america-flexes-muscles-in-iran.html

-- Marc

P.S.  Speaking of AMC's overseas, how about this 75 Pacer in Switzerland:

    http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C188218/

MARC MONTONI
Harrisonburg VA
http://FreeVirginia.blogspot.com/
Freedom.  Responsibility.  www.LP.org
Cu vi parolas Esperanton?
I'd rather push a Rambler than drive a Toyota.
Visit www.AMCRC.com or www.AMONational.com .
http://RichmondRambler.tripod.com/
http://Hasdrubal.tripod.com/Index.htm