From: Joe Fulton <piper_pa20@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: amc-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 20:49:31
To: <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [AMC-list] What did you do on your AMC this Weekend?

Ok, I'll go first.  The original intent was to put the rebuilt water pump on my 65 Rambler (A-1 Cardone rebuild from Rockauto).   I needed to paint it Lancelot Turquoise first to match the engine.  Mixed up the paint on Saturday, painted it.  Mixed up too much paint and I didn't want to waste it (Rambler mentality).   I have a 64 Classic in the garage which it so happens had Lancelot turquoise interior trim.  I sanded, masked and painted the upper metal on the doors and I still had paint left over.  So I hauled out the spare tire (which also was Lancelot turquoise and masked and painted that wheel. I finally threw away a small amount of paint. That and reading an old issue of Hemmings Classic Car took most of the afternoon, but I did drain the radiator and pull the fan, hoses and belt off the Rambler in preparation for the pump change today. I also have been bead blasting accesory brackets for the 232 engine mentioned below and painting them gloss black.

Today it rained.  The car is outside so I was outa luck.  I did degrease the rebuilt 232 that is targeted for my Gremlin in a few weeks and painted it with the post-1974 or so AMC non-metallic blue.   Joe Fulton