[AMC-list] Spam on AMCyclopedia.org

A couple of days ago, AMCyclopedia.org was hit pretty hard by a spam-bot. The
results was several thousand spam postings (many of those were adult
oriented) in the forum that the list archives go to. As a result, I have made
the following changes to the site: * I have made the site read-only for
India. * I have installed a learning spam filter. Since doing this, I have
only seen 2 new spam postings (the site was getting 50-100 on a typical day)
so this is already having a positive effect on the site. The spam filter may
prevent those of you who post to the AMC-List directly from AMCyclopedia.org
from posting. If this happens, please send me an email off-list and I will
help you out. Also, if you see something on the site that you suspect is
spam, please help out and mark it as spam (there is a link at the bottom of
each post and you have to be logged in to do this). This will accomplish 2
things. First, it will let me remove junk postings. Second, it will help the
spam filter learn what is spam and what is not. Matt