Re: [AMC-list] leads for sale Matador six banger

Re: [AMC-list] leads for sale Matador six banger

Marc mentioned a 6 cylinder full sized Matador for sale:

"When was the last time you saw a 6-cylinder full-zized Matty?

http://syracuse.craigslist.org/cto/2034782172.html

-- Marc

There is one for sale about 150 miles from me for $800:

http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/2020405024.html

even odder is to see a Matador coupe with six for sale:

http://springfield.craigslist.org/cto/2019706350.html

Timing is everything and if you study AMC's advertising in 1973, they were going to introduce this coupe, which was only new American car that year, new style that is, but while it was NASCAR inspired, a lot of the advertising focused on it being sporty. Then OPEC oil embargo happened and AMC totally switched gears letting people know it 'came with a economical six' as people dumped large cars.....LTD, Grand Villes, all of them, just like a few years ago when gas hit $4+ a gallon and it was SUV dump fest....the problem was that love em or hate them, the coupe was innoviative in design, but unfortunately it "looked big" at a time that people wanted to get rid of gas guzzlers. No one could have predicted the oil embargo, 3-4 hour waits to buy gas, rationing, can buy gas on certain days with even or odd license plates.....and (to me) it took out the Matador coupe before it had a chance. Neat cars if you have ever owned one, the Cassini, and Barcelona ones have the most plushest interiors ever put in a AMC.
Eddie Stakes
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.planethoustonamx.com