[AMC-list] O'Reilly's Sucks Compared to Kragen"s

[AMC-list] O'Reilly's Sucks Compared to Kragen"s

 In 2005 I worked for Checkers in Cheyenne. Checkers was the C  in CSK K being
Kragens. The Checker computer system was truly awful. While your local Kragen's
person may have mastered Kragens system, few mastered Checker's system. It was
an old, poorly built, DOS base system.  Think of the old DOS based Wordstar
program, that was what the interface was like. You had to know what you where
looking for and where to find it in the program. Once you found the part there
were no pictures, what you found was part number, price and availability . Don't
count on the availability being close to right.

  The OReilly's parts program is much better at helping the counter person find
the right part. If a picture is worth a thousand words then a picture of wheel
cylinder is worth a weekend.  Is it perfect? no, but it is 30 years ahead of the
old system. Remember what the pay at a part store counter is. Why would a good
mechanic give up $30 an hour to work for $10? Mostly they don't The computer has
to help fill the  knowledge gap.
  Second as much as we love them, there are very few non-Jeep Amc still on the
road. Anybody want to bet whether there are more Kia's on the road today than
AMC?  I am grateful that they can order a part much less have it on the shelf.
Now is the time to build your personal stock pile of parts.

Gary Roland
Cheyenne Wy