[AMC-list] 258 Vibration over 2000 RPM

OK, thanks for the input.  I do not know how the trans pump issue came into the
picture... there is no slippage whatsoever in the trans and I know about warming
up in neutral.  I have actually instructed my son in this regard.

Tonight I yanked all the plugs, regapped and they were all OK... BUMMER!  Was
hoping that would be the problem.  ONce again checked firing order and, as usual
the Bird fired right off, idled GREAT.. but still had the violent shake.

What happens, even when parked, as you ramp the RPM, at around 2000 RPM it goes
through a brief period of shaking, smooths out at a little higher RPM, it
smooths out, when you let off the gas it does the same violent shake on the way
back down past 2000 rpm.  Don't know RPM exactly, as don't have a Tach on it.

So, I pieced together some memories from when I first bought it.  The Starter
was hanging loose so I replaced it.  Later noticed that a bolt head from the Trq
cnvrtr was scraping on occasion against the inspection plate.  I pulled the
plate, check the bolts, dinged the plate a little and it only occasionally
happens when under a load in reverse.

Now, I am thinking the flexplate was cracked/broken due to the starter
misalignment... BLAHST!  I am going to pull of the inspection plate and have a
closer look... I am not looking forward to it!

I guess if not that, the harmonic blncr is next most likely.

Fun never ends!