To: <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, October 16, 2010 6:52 PM
Subject: [AMC-list] 77 Matador carburetion

OK, lotsa stuff on here about the 32/36 Weber for the sixes... However, I just bought one of the Steve Green cars from a fellow in Fredericksburg VA (see http://fredericksburg.craigslist.org/cto/1937648066.html ), and now I'd like to get it running better. Has a stock 2v that the PO tried to rebuild, but he said he couldn't get it quite right.

My first inclination is to throw a 4v on there, but wanted to find out if anyone had any suggestions on what would be a better improvement for economy and reliability. With a strangled 77 V8 and a desire not to mess too much with the original character of the car (smoothness, luxury, etc), I am not really interested in performance so much.

Would the Weber work on a 360? Is there a better choice with which to replace the factory 2v?