[AMC-list] Utility Trailer for sale - made with Rambler Parts!

[AMC-list] Utility Trailer for sale - made with Rambler Parts!

I've got a utility trailer that my grandfather and I built years ago that I no longer need. The inside of the bed measures 41" wide by 7'10" long. Sides are just 16" tall - 2x8 along bottom edge, about a 4" gap between that and a 2x6 above. Floor is pressure treated 3/4" plywood. Axle is 2" square tubing with 63 American spindles welded to it and corresponding front hubs (with brake drums). Springs are 63 American with coil helper springs between axle and frame. Has shocks too. Very well balanced! Has three new tires, but they are 5-6 years old... at least. Wheels are 14" 65 American. Only the tongue and spare tire/wheel throws the trailer off balance. Has 1-7/8" ball hitch and lights wired for standard four way flat connector. Currently painted light blue, but that's easy enough to fix with a paint brush.

I've towed this thing all the way across the country -- from Idaho to SC, then to MS and back up to DE -- several times between MS and DE and my permanent home in SC. Hate to get rid of it in a way, but I've got another open utility trailer about the same size and am putting the finishing touches on a small enclosed trailer (trunk of a 63 American -- from the same car the springs/spindles/hubs came from). I'm asking $350 for it, and think that's a bargain. I'll pull it up to Easley tonight if anyone is interested in it. Call me at 803-604-6548.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"