From: "Daigle, Marcus P SSG MIL USA FORSCOM"
	<drcool.daigle@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "AMC, Rambler, Nash, Jeep and family" <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] [AKO Warning - Message fails DKIM
	verification] IT RUNS!!! (and idles pretty dang well now)
	(UNCLASSIFIED)

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Dave,

What year is your SX/4? 1981 was the only year for the SX/4 with the viscous coupling transfer case (NP119) and was a full time unit. 1981(opt) 1982/83(std) had the select drive transfer case (NP128) with an open diff transfer case. The other transfer case (NP129) was the shift on the fly transfer case with a viscous coupling and was avilible in 1984 and up. You can run your SX/4 in 2wd mode with the front driveshaft of.  It'll act wierd if you put it in 4wd with the front driveshaft out. Did it with my SX/4, it acted wierd, can't explain what it did, just that it was wierd. I've read the the NP 119/219, 128/228, 129/229 are the exact same transfer cases, just without shift linkage on the eagle. They share the same parts within their groups. I had a 119 apart many years ago and it had all the internals to shift into a low gear, just not the linkage on the outside. I think AMC/Jeep had them numbered diffrently to to keep Eagle transfers seperate from Jeep transfers. It's just
 my opinion.

Marcus