From: Greg DePratt <gdepratt@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] Javelin bendix disc brakes
To: "AMC, Rambler, Nash, Jeep and family" <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Friday, October 1, 2010, 3:32 PM

Its a 68 SST it had bendix brakes.  I have the 68 TSM and it shows the
exploded view.  When I disassembled there were two thin plates between the
caliper mounting bracket and the spindle (4 bolt holes in a plate).  Those
shims were not in the TSM.  The TSM calls for adjusting the calipers by
shimming the caliper mounting lug bolts.  Shimming there would make it worse
in my case, and so would the shims between the mounting bracket and the
spindle.......hang on i see something.....

OK, As I as writing this I figured it out...flipped the caliper mounting
bracket the wrong way...  Used one of the plate shims and all is good....

Its pronounced Du-Maus ....not dumb ass...

Thanks for listening...

Greg