[AMC-list] new amc's

im thinking i would like the carbed 4.6 better. get the best working hei dizzy that would work. get one of those 4bbl intakes to work on the 4.0 head. the 4.0 has a header looking 3-2-1 header. is that any good. looks like it should be decent. put one of those holley 390cfm or what ever carbs on it. that should be a good runner shouldnt it? i dislike all the wires and computer jiberish. if the 258 flywheel works on the 4.0, then i will use the 258 flywheel/starter. i do not know if this has the t4 or sr4. from what i have found, you could get either?? if its t4, how hard, and how much different is the gearing for the jeep t5 to fit? would the t-case move back and have to have rear/front driveshafts worked? i have seen the jeep t5's pretty cheap. moved the eagle into the shop tonight to start ripping all the vacume crap off. getting rid of EVERYTHING i dont need. and by the way, there is NO sniff test where i live. i think i could get it running clean
 anyway with a good tuned carb and ignition on the 258 in it now. (it cranks over good, no plugs, and most of the dizzy is gone) i would use the other 258 parts and 4.0, and build a carbed 4.6. 9.5/1 compression sounds safe and fine to me for a good tuned carb. make sure the head is good and smooth. i think i have a "PLAN". (those dont always work well for me)

dave stohler
www.picasaweb.google.com/das24rules