Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 19:43:13 -0700 (PDT)
From: d stohler<das24rules@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [AMC-list] new amc's

It works well with a carb too!

that was my next question. would the intake thats on the 258 right now work? i dont even
know exactly what all i need to build a 4.6 motor. would be awsome if i have all i need,
but im sure i need to buy alot of spendy stuff. custom pistons? i know i have heard
people talking about pistons being hard to find. isnt the 4.6 something like using the
4.0 block, bored out, and 258 crank/rods/pistons? the 4 speed thats in the eagle now,
would it be ok with the 4.6? it wont be a "hotrod" just a winter driver. my little '03
peon wont go in the snow if its deeper than 3", and my big 4x4 truck gets 8mpg. 2' of
snow is the norm. if the intake on the '82 258 will work on the 4.0 head, and just a
little bore work to build a 4.6, i will jump all over it. i know frank and mark have
4.6 or have had them. please let me know how to build one.

o ya, how hard and spendy is it to find a good wire harness and computer?

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"