From: russ hathaway
To: Rambler Nash Jeep and familyAMC
Subject: [AMC-list] Concord won't start

I have a 78 Concord 304 that is driving me nuts. It won't start. When I release the key from the start position it tries to start and if I am lucky it'll fire, but the key returns to off too soon. I hooked up one of those spark testers and I get no spark while it is cranking, then when I release the jumper it sparks for an instant.
I took off the batt cable to charge it as I wore the battery down cranking, and the car cranked for a second. Whats going on????....Russ