[AMC-list] free 327 and 65/66 Ambos

So some guy in Venetta calls me up and asks if I want a free 327 engine and tranny, out of an old Rambler. I ask if it is complete, easy to get to and not frozen. He says yep on all three.
So off I go. Foolish rabbit, sez I, it can't be that easy.
Now the engine is about 1 1/2 hours away, literally up a mountain by Fern Ridge Lake. You Willamette Valley people know the place. Paradise.
The drive is worth the hassle I am telling myself.
I get there and the engine is in the woods, carb gone as well as one valve cover. Sitting on its side. It took us 30 minutes to drag the damn thing out of there. I figures I was already there, I would grab something.
Is it frozen? You answer me.
So as I am sweatin bullets, swatting flies and ripping shirts the owner asks if I am interested in any old Ramblers. He shows me 3 65 Ambos.
Two 65s are average 990 4-drs; One ran real nice until he hit a road barrier that bent the sub frame and tore off the front right fender. It ran when parked and is now buried in briers. The other one is a driver but has a jumped timing chain.
The Cross Country wagon is real tasty. Fully loaded it has a console shift tranny and twin grip with the trailer package. He says it runs but stopped driving it. It is straight but rough. If you leave a car sitting in Oregon things grow on it.
All chrome, lights and trim are on them except for the one four door that I could not see very well. Glass is all good.
Is there any interest in these things. If the wagon is a rust bucket I will part out. The other two I am not sure what to do with them. The one 4dr that was in a wreck I will probably part out as it has been wrecked. Email me with needs.....Russ