Re: [AMC-list] eagle kammback vs 2door

A: AM General used the 2.0L in Postal Jeeps with a 904 in '79 only (DJ-5G)
I thought about re-powering the one I had with a 924 turbo motor, but the original motor ran fine and my wife HATED the DJ (which is weird because her dad drove one for years as a postman before he retired) so I sold it for $300 and the converted to 4x4 one my son had but couldn't take to Canada.
   Not sure if Mopar used 904 with D18/20, but the adapter sleeve between the 2 is the same. Shaft is probably different diameter where it passes through the case. Jeep used the 999 in YJs as 4x4 and those parts would fit a 904 in just about anything else. Mitsubishi used 904 autos at first (thanks to Mopar influence with the Sapporo and Raider) and IH used the 727 with D20 as well as Dana 300. Most of the slant 6s with 4x4 came with 727s till 999 came out. (I reverse converted some of those to 2wd and made 273/318/360 904 trans into 4x4 with the leftovers)

From: adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Sandwich Maker)
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] eagle kammback vs 2door

" From: Jim Blair <carnuck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" The OHC motor is the 2.0L

the audi, and only used '77-8 or so, sold back to power the porsche
924.

" and the GM 2.5 is a pushrod. The GM motor is still a slight enigma.
" Some came with SBC bell pattern and some came with 60 degree pattern.
" I wouldn't mind knowing for sure because a lot of Jeep guys are
" looking for the 904 with SBC pattern to do motor swaps on CJs. (I saw
" 3 at a swap meet several years ago or I would have thought they were
" not real)

i was under the impression that all amc/jeep iron dukes were the older
sbc rwd style.  afaik gm redid the blocks to 60-deg and fwd about the
time amc dropped them, '83-4.  they also redid the buick 231 about
that time.

dunno how many amcs or jeeps would've gotten the 4 and auto, but
they'd all be 904s, and sbc pattern in the iron duke years.

rather a light tranny for a 350...

did mopar ever use the 904 in an older 4x4, with dana 18 or 20 t/c?  i
know they offered slant sixes in 4x4s, even 3/4t.