Re: [AMC-list] A small milestone

Yeah Joe, I have driven many times "illegally" and like you I picked the time and day, traffic, etc. This one time was on a Sunday morning when Salem was still sleeping, except for one cop I guess.
Considering all the times I have done this I am lucky it was only that one time, oh except for one other time.......
I was working on my 69 American and needed some oil, filter and such. The weather was nice and there sits my 70 AMX. I didn't have insurance on it but the parts place was only a mile away, so off I go.
I passed a Keizer cop and he did a u-turn!!
As I pulled into the parts place I noticed he parked next door. I bought the stuff and made sure I had a receipt so as to plead my case, of a broken down car. I would not mention that I have four other legal cars to take, that all run. I'll just leave that part out.
As it turns out the cop was a Mustang collector and understood my plea.
I showed him the papers for the broken down American and he let me go.....Russ