From: Richard Estermyer <javelinman74@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [AMC-list] Questions, Questions...
To: "amc mail" <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sunday, August 22, 2010, 5:05 PM

Hey Gang,
Just checking our Field of Gremlins today and finding that the 232 and the 258 seems to be an option throughout the years.  We thought that the 258 was the successor to the 232.  We did notice that the 232's were in the stick shifts and the 258 had automatics.  Is this the main reason?

Also I know the 258's are the internal start to strokers, is the 232 also?  Was it a bore increase or stroke?

Has anyone tried to get the lower back rear outside panel (around the tailights) off the car.  We have an 80 Spirit (Gremlin body) that is complete except the back end is full of holes.  ANother body has a good one.  It appears that the seam couls be seperates and then welded into the other one?  Possible?  How difficult IF you follow the lines?

THANKS for the help!

Blessings,
Richard
Richard Estermyer

God determines who walks into your life....
     It's up to you to decide
          who you let walk away,
               who you let stay, and
                    who you refuse to let go.