[AMC-list] Home again

And, other than turning oil into aerosol (nothing like the smell of hot oil, mile after mile...), my SX/4 flew all the way from Maine to Michigan for the AMO National show and back again, no problem. I usually cross into Canada at Buffalo, but two hours into the trip, my wife asked, " Did you remember the passports?...". GPS to the rescue, and I 90, more or less, to Toledo, and I 75 to Downriver Detroit, and home(where I grew up). I spent Thursday washing and waxing, and cleaning off the engine. then went to the swap/show, only to find out the website was a bit off-- swap only.I did find a never-used digital radio of the proper era for my car('82), a pair of Eagle mudflaps(to go with the pair I already have), and a beautiful center console(with gages and an armrest) that I passed up because I couldn't afford it. And no bumper corners. And no reclining seats. Maybe next year...I went to the show Saturday; definitely worth the trip, like Greg said. Richard, I know you're using
 your Concord as show booth material hauler, but it's worth being out there with the rest of us drivers. I have a couple pics of the clay model Marlin, and if I can extract it from my camera I'll post it, if anyone's interested. I'm posting late, because I stayed a few days after the show visiting folks. As usual, just about everywhere I went, someone would comment on my car, even at the tollbooths-favorably, I might add. Now, to figure out WHY I spray oil out the TOP of the valve cover when it's on long trips. I panicked last year when it started that, but it runs so well otherwise, I didn't really want to mess with it; plus, there's that money thing...I think I remember someone running the hose to the air cleaner through a jar to collect the oil so it wouldn't wet the filter; easy fix?    Tom Morrison