From: Jeff D <mr_amc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <richamalia@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, AMC List <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [AMC-list] will it fit

The 79 has the unibody in the front up top where the fenders mount made to fit the lower look and curve of the new style front fenders.  The newer bosy also has the radiator set closer to the engine, and a smaller top tank.
In theory, the Hornet fenders should fit, if you put some sort of spacers under them in the front.  The back should match perfectly.  You would have to hse the Hornet hood.  Put it on the car first, and use where it fits as a guide to how high to space the fenders..

I believe the front headlight buckets will sit correctly against the front part of the ubnibody, but probablt holes will have to be drilled to bolt them in.

Jeff Denison.

I have considered doing this to turn an Eagle into a 4WD Hornet Sportabout one of these days...