Re: [AMC-list] mythbusters eagle vs snowplow

Re: [AMC-list] mythbusters eagle vs snowplow

I learned years ago that arguing with a certain strain of car nuts is like beating a dead horse, it gets you no where.
These are people who learned the mantra   ".... is best, screw the rest" and nothing you can tell them will sway them from their opinions. To risk falling into that camp myself, these were usually Chevy drivers who could not stand AMC, or Ford, or whatever, because it wasn't a Chevy.
Yeah, our beloved AMCs had some quality issues in the 70s and 80s, but they all did. Mention the lean burn to Chryco people and watch em cringe. Talk about the whole GM line in the mid 70s or their efforts to smog out the small blocks, and see them change the subject. The whole car industry went through a rough spell and unfortunately AMC kicked the bucket. You Plymouth and Oldsmobile drivers, make room at the back of the bus for the Mercury drivers. We AMC drivers get to sit in the front as we suffered so long. Someone lend them a hand.....Russ