[AMC-list] Clean the sparkies, or replace

[AMC-list] Clean the sparkies, or replace

Bruce,

Cheapest/easiest way to clean a spark plug is with a little carb cleaner and
sand paper.  Spray off any carbon/residue with carb cleaner.  Use the sand paper
to reveal a clean shinny surface on electrode and electrode ground.  Check the
gap and re-install.  There are also devices that will blast an abrasive material
(basically sand blasting for spark plugs) around the entire electrode area to
clean the entire surface.  You can pick one of those up from Harbor Freight on
sale for around $15-20.

Spark plugs today are made to last a long time.  Most likely a simple cleaning
on a set that only has 2000 miles is all that is needed.

Nick,
Alfano Performance
4849-76 st.
Kenosha, WI. 53142
262-308-1302
262-942-8271 after 6pm central and weekends

Message: 5