[AMC-list] Blahst Cannot find local Windshield Trim Clips and sorry for

[AMC-list] Blahst Cannot find local Windshield Trim Clips and sorry for the other trimming mistake!

BLAHST!  Sorry guys... I HATE it when other people do that (don't trim replies)
 and now I am one of THEM!

Went to several Auto Parts stores and even windshield replacement places and
coudl not get them today.  I could ORDER them, pay for shipping and wait several
days AND have to buy 50-100 of them!  Probably should do it, but there is one
place left to try and they were closed... but it's where all the glass places
get their parts.

Any chance one of you has a part number on a small package?  I did find the
headlight adjustment screw readily (YEAH!) but I NEED to get this windsheield
back in before we leave on vacation next week.

You know, I am not that crazy about windshield trim anyway... only seems to
promote rust imho... any chance I can just fill the gap with some sort of black
"caulk" (for lack of a better term) that wouldn't look too ghetto?  I ealize it
would need to protect the glass edge as well, but I imagine one if you may have
a previously vetted solution ready to go!

My son says he doesn't care.  This is on an 88 Eagle Wagon.

Thanks,

Jesse