--------------
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 18:35:24 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
From: Ted Dooling<tdooling@xxxxxxxxxxx>

I need help. I replaced the carb with a rebuilt on my 72 Gremlin 232 last year and no longer have a passing gear at any speed. I am not sure how it used to operate. There is a switch at the end of the pedal connecting to wires that has an adjustment, but whether I adust it long or short it has no affect. I can't find any linkage or mechanical device under the hood that might be part of a passing gear. Other than that the new carb really gives the Gremlin the kick it must have originally come with. I'd love to have the passing gear back. For now if I move the shifter to 2nd it provides the pickup I need getting up to highway speeds. Yes, it is an automatic.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"