From: Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxx>
Sender: amc-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 11:37:00
To: <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] 63-66 Classic 232 radiator and fan shroud

IIRC that shroud is metal, not fiberglass (the one for the 232, open on the bottom). At least the one for my 63 196 was, and it should be the same (looks identical). The one for the V-8 is probably deeper, further from the radiator. This one is somewhere around 1-2" deep. Could be trimmed to fit a bigger fan, but the depth will probably relegate it to six cylinders. Should work in an American too. I think that's why it's open on the bottom -- fan is put on first, then the shroud is installed by slipping over the fan.

----------
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 20:35:57 +0000 (UTC)
From: Wrambler<wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx>

That shroud looks different from my 65 327 shroud, should anyone be thinking
it may fit a 327/287 car, it may not work.
   My 65 990H car had a full circle type fiberglass shroud, not open on the
bottom as that one is. I know for sure as mine is cracked and needs a repair
to be full circle again.
   I'd consider selling mine if anyone needs one.
I will probably go with electric fans on the conv.

Mark Price