From: wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: amc-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2010 16:42:02
To: AMC, Rambler, Nash, Jeep and family<amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] Anybody got a core Holley 1909? Or upgrade?
	Orrebuilder?

Tom has some good advice on the purple stuff!
  I bought a gallon of "purple power". Cut rate RM pleasing cost. Seen it at both Advance and Lowes.
   My fuel tank is/spotless inside. I wanted to get the fuel vapor and such out of it. On Tom's advice I poured the straight gallon of PP in, sealed it up, rolled it around as best I could letting it rest at different angles.
   When I poured it out it Literally Smoked/Steamed! No heat though, The last cup or so was coal black! Out of what I thought was an already spotless tank!

   I'd expect similar results on a carb!  Never thought of using it for that. I'll be trying it ASAP as I have both a true 390 cfm Holley and a 327 factory carb that are just plain nasty. Be good idea to get them apart, cleaned and boxed for future use.

   Bruce, unless you have access to a 100% known carb guy. I'd suggest doing it yourself! Slow a methodical will get you there!

   I'm not dissing any carb cars. You need to be sure the guy knows WTF he is doing. We had a local "carb shop" in town in the 80's and I can't tell you how many of their carbs we fixed at the dealer! They screwed up some so bad we had to replace them due to how badly the mangled them/ warped cracked base plates etc,

   You may find someone here on the least willing to do it for you. I can think of a couple of guys here and on theamcforum I'd not hesitate to ask to do it.