Re: [AMC-list] Parking Light Modification & something else!

Re: [AMC-list] Parking Light Modification & something else!

Rich,

1969 was the year they made the front parking lights stay on with the headlights. As far as wiring changes go, I would jumper the white wire on the switch over to either the blue or tan wires. The blue wire is for the rear parking lights and tan is for the headlights. The blue wire is probably the better choice as it will have less amps flowing through it.

Also, there is a chance that the switch got an extra terminal on it in 69 or they and they simply used the newer switch to service the older cars. There is a note in the parts book that the 1970 switch is used to service the older models.

Matt

On 7/3/2010 8:04 PM, Richard Morgan spouted this sage advice:
I think I answered part of my own question about whether the simple fix might be just changing out the 1967 Marlin headlight switch to a post 1968 version to obtain parking lights "on" with the headlights. According to Galvin's parts listing, they show the same replacement switch spanning the years before and after the federal law change in 1968. So it must be a wiring change somewhere before or after the plug connector. Anyone with a later than '67 TSM have some ideas?

Thanks,

Rich Morgan

P. S.

I also have a dirty/intermittent contact switch (somewhere on the trunk lid hinges) that operates the trunk light. I have no clue where to look to attempt a cleaning. Any Suggestions? Thx.

mhaas@xxxxxxx
Cincinnati, OH
http://www.mattsoldcars.com
1967 Rambler American wagon