Re: [AMC-list] (OT) exhaust manifold expansion plugs?

Re: [AMC-list] (OT) exhaust manifold expansion plugs?

wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx helpfully offered:

>  thoughts.
> 1 they used to make a brass or copper plug that expanded as the bolt
> was tightened.

Ah, that sounds perfect - exactly what I'm looking for.  Now, any
idea who "they" were?

> Being that small you may be able to use a very short concrete wall
> anchor, steel of course. If it appears it will leak a little JB weld
> won't hurt!

Will JB withstand the temperature?

> Pipe tap? And plug?

See, these holes are right at the back next to the firewall, so to do
that I'd have to pull the manifolds, and that's exactly what I'm trying
to avoid.

Jonathan