From: russ hathaway <russh97309@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 16:46:06
To: Rambler Nash Jeep and familyAMC<amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] windshield removal

I've taken out dozens of windshields, only cracked two.
I use the windshield knife but also have wire to use. I've used both with similiar results. I cut away as much of the seal, on older cars, or the butyl tape, on the newer ones, as I can with a razor knife or linoleum knife. Remove as much of the trim, inside visors and mirrors, etc., as you can. You don't want to be fighting things that will get in your way.
After removing everything see if it will come out by itself. I have had some that were barely held in place, they were so old.
I would not try it alone, as it is too easy to tweek and crack.
Take your time, don't do it in the blazing sun, and cut the butyl slowly.
If its a seal you can just cut away at anything showing....Russ