Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 15:48:20 -0700 (PDT)
From: Jesse<j2sax@xxxxxxxxx>
To:amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] AMC-list Digest, Vol 15, Issue 5

While I agree that these bricks aren't made to slice and dice through the air, 10 MPG is abysmal!? My 360 4 spd J20 did better than that as did all my Auto 360's at that same speed....

3.54 gears (with .76 OD) at 75 MPH with 31 " tires
RPM= 75x2.69x336/31= 2187 RPM?... sounds pretty good for a 258.? Now let's look at the resuls with a 3..08 rear.

RPM= 75x2.34x336/31= 1902 RPM getting pretty low in the power range.? Let's look at the adjusted 2.73 with OD

RPM= 75x2.07x336/31=? 1682 RPM YIKES.. won't have much power there!?

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"