Re: [AMC-list] M12 to 727 linkage question

The linkage from the shifter should be fine. You MOST DEFINITELY need the "kick-down" linkage. That controls pressure inside the transmission also. If it's not connected or properly adjusted you'll burn the trans up in a few days running. Lokar makes a cable replacement kit for the linkage. Just get on for a Chrysler (I don't think they list one for AMC), you might have to modidify the engine bracket. Jeep guys use it all the time, some complain that it's a bit short for a body lifted Jeep is all!

-------------------
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 19:08:49 -0500
From: "Eddie Stakes"<eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:<baadassGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,<amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc:bcarpenter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Brian below is asking if he would have to change linkages since he is going from a M12 to
a 727 in his 70 AMX, if you can be of any assistance with advise please feel free to
comment, copy your reply to Brian and thanks in advance to all who might reply.
Dear eddie,
Hey Eddie, Dumb question for you.  Changing an m12 to a 727 on a 70 amx.
Do I need two linkages?  One for kick down, One for gear shift?
Thanks,
Brianbcarpenter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

--
Frank Swygert