Re: [AMC-list] time to find a stout 5 spd

Re: [AMC-list] time to find a stout 5 spd

With that gearset and a 401 you'll still be free fallin, in neutral to save gas!

Take the 401 and save it for a rainy day...

4.0L and a 5 speed of your choice feeding into the rear axle of your choice with a 3-3.5 ratio and you'll be knocking down 25-30 mpg and sticking right to those guys back bumpers. Just allow enough room for braking!

3.89 is a pretty hefty gearset for today's cruising standards.

YMMV.

Liberty Gear used to make some super duty gearsets for T-5's.

Mark Price
Morgantown, WV 26508
1969 AMC Rambler, 4.0L, EFI, T-5
"I realize that death is inevitable.