From: tom jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 23:24:53
To: AMC/Rambler owners, drivers and fans.<amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [AMC-list] Gear oil, again

The motor oil I filled the T-96 with is too runny and is leaking out at a
rapid rate. I need to use real gear oil in it. The trans has bronze in it so
it needs to be GL 1 (or GL 2).

The synchros on this trans are really slow. I read somewhere that synthetic
oils improve synchro behavior. Is this true?

Should I persue finding a synth GL-1 oil? I can barely find *any* GL-1 oils!
Last time I looked the "choice" was Royal Purple non-synth from AutoZone.