Re: [AMC-list] Full flow oil filtration for the 195.6

On 5/18/10, Peter Marano <pmarano@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>  Other than the milled
>> groove, it's just drilling flat stock and welding, then the grinding
>> business.
>>

> Could you have used thicker material and avoid the welding and grinding?

Yeah, but I didn't have any :-) But something about the whole plate
being that thick bugged me aesthetically Needless mass, faintly harder
to make the driven-gear's well. Three new bolts instead of just one.
Minor, obviously.

Would still need to be ground flat though, but it wouldn't have
warped. My mistake though was using one of my worn mill bits (umm,
they're all worn, bought used) and it scored the surface and I had to
grind that off. Shoulda used my flycutter.