Re: [AMC-list] caspers rod is toast

I'd be tempted to go for the AL engine because it has hydraulic lifters and a full flow oiling system without mods. But then the parts might be a problem. Crank, pistons, and rods should interchange, and I thought the timing set did too, but I think you mentioned a different part number for that... or someone did. Only think I can think of is the degreeing of the cam might be different, the key in the cam gear could be off to one side or the other compared to the FE engine.
---------
Date: 17 May 2010 05:08:26 -0000
From: das24rules@xxxxxxxxx

thanks for the offer frank. tom j has a pile of stuff he is going to send me.
including an entire set of rods. my bores are stinkin as perfect as they get
for a motor with 64,xxx miles on it. no ridge. so i will have these new
pistons/pins put on the set of rods i buy from tom. all a matched set. i got
to decide to build the aluminum motor, or the cast iron. they both need the
same stuff.
--
Frank Swygert
For all AMC enthusiasts