Re: [AMC-list] Carb for the 195.6 OHV (and L-head)

I still have a 1 bbl carb from a 4cyl Jeep 2.5L (along with the intake and exhaust) for '84 to '86 that worked fine but failed the Etest here (too high NO2 due to bad hoses and EGR controller) that I'll sell for $20 plus shipping.
   I bolted the Renix TBI directly on the motor. If you retrofitted a newer 2.5, it would have to keep the exhaust manifold and cap off the egr pport in the intake

Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 20:13:17 -0700
From: tom jennings
To: "AMC/Rambler owners, drivers and fans."
Subject: [AMC-list] Carb for the 195.6 OHV (and L-head)

Weber 32/36 DGEV, hands down. Dump that old crap unless you're into
restoring. With only 100 miles experience, I will now say I can't believe I
put up with even the WCD, which starves out on every hard turn. (It's
otherwise fine.) The Jeep 1bbl adapter kit lets it bolt on. Need to fab up a
linkage but I added 2" of sheet steel to the wall mounted bracket, welded a
shaft up from a 232 pushrod and made a bellcrank from threaded rod, in about
2 hours.

For the 232 it's literally "bolt in", the kit comes with a linkage for the
cable throttle pedals (which I hate).

For the 195.6 OHV, the adapter for the 1bbl jeep fits perfectly on the 1bbl
intake plate. This is great, because the 1bbl plate is common as dirt. The
adapter is tall, so the carb just clears the valve cover, and you can get
the valve cover on and off just fine.

NOTE: THere is a DF??? model that's more or less the same as the DGEV, only
the throttle rotates the opposite direction -- the exact same as the WCD! So
you could use the stock bellcrank! Still ahve to lift it up 2".

The Weber's primary throttle shaft is in the same line as the Carters. I'll
put all this on the website I'm making for this engine.

As tunable or more as the Edelbrock/Carter 4bbls, but far better sized for
the six. Even the 390 Holley is too big for stock sixes. THe 32/36 is a
great size for the 258 or the 195.6 OHV.