Re: [AMC-list] IT RUNS.

On Sat, May 8, 2010 at 4:58 AM, Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Instead of shimming the cap screw on the relief valve why don't you put a
> thicker gasket on the oil pump cover? Since you improved it so much, might
> be wise to "unimprove" it! Easy as changing the gasket. The pump won't come
> out with the engine in, but the cover will come off.

I'm fine with the close-tolerance pump. Too much oil flow I can deal with
elsewhere if it's an issue, like re-teeing the head as you say and draining
oil back to the crank case.

Otherwise extended driving at freeway speeds may put oil in the head faster
> than it can drain back. Won't be a problem except on long drives. I remember
> having more valve cover leakage on long drives (between Warner-Robins, GA,
> and Elgin, IL -- 18 hour trips sometimes made all in one day, 65-70 most of
> the way).

I can see how it would get more oil than needed, but faster than it can
drain? There's like 12 1/2" drainback holes in the casting, and the feed is
a 1/8" line? But it could be excessive at speed, but with excess pump
capacity I have room to tweak it should I see evidence of problems.

I want one of those fan controllers!! The only thing is I need two inputs.

Second input would be simple. Maybe Glen Hoag wants to make them? I don't...
:-)