Re: [AMC-list] it runs...

I'll write this up later, but off the top of my head, here's some of the
195.6 OHV stuff that DROVE ME CRAZY. Lots of engines have differences, but
lots of engines have cultures that know all this stuff. No one seems to know
enough about this engine at any one time so I assume it get's untangled (or
not) one engine at a time.

Two different blocks (camshaft oiling, etc).
Two different crankshafts (flat, volcano).
Multiple heads with differences small to large (interchangable at the block
deck).
Two different mass con rods, same PART NUMBER. 200g+ difference!
Two incompatible camshafts (oiling differences).
Two incompatible cam bearing sets.
At least FOUR different oil pressure relief springs.
At least TWO different oil pressure relief plungers.
At least two different temperature senders (low, high, resistance).
TWO different oil pans (classic vs. American).
TWO different oil pickups.
TWO different distributors (OHV vs flathead).
Countless side cover, valve cover variations.

probably more that I've forgotten. No wonder people get confused.