Re: [AMC-list] AMC-list Digest, Vol 14, Issue 1

Re: [AMC-list] AMC-list Digest, Vol 14, Issue 1

>> From: Ken Ames <ameskg@xxxxxxxxx>
>>
>> I could be wrong, but would not fenders off a later Concord or Spirit fit
>> IF one changed the inner metal where the headlight setup fits?

That's correct.  All you have to do is break the welds/rivets (easy to do) and swap the headlight bucket into the fender.  The external fender is the same.

I did that back in 1990 or so.  Had a rusty Spirit Liftback 4 cyl I wanted to put a 401 in to autocross...  Found a wrecked in the rear V8 78 Corncob 2 door for $100, and took everything good off the car including all front sheetmetal.  Used the interior metal brace from the Spirit on the Corncob fenders by doing the swap mentioned above.

It wasn't hard, or particularly time-consuming.

-- Marc