Re: [AMC-list] ruined in 60 seconds

It appears that the oil pressure went insanely high. I was worried about oil
pressure loss (my plumbing, etc) but I just went out and looked at my oil
gauge -- the pointer is on the wrong side of the stop! Eg. it broke
internally after pegging past maximum.

That would explain why a loop of the oil filter gasket exited it's groove
while installed -- it just plain old got pushed out.

It's small comfort knowing it's not my work that failed (yet anyways).

I should have smelled a rat -- I had 20+ psi cranking. I chalked that up to
a new, tight motor. I think the bearings are assembled wrong or something (I
didn't do that). The machine shop assembled the short block.

Yeah, no sledgehammers, I'm just bummed out.