Re: [AMC-list] 76 Hornet vac lines to gas evap cannister...

From: Joe Fulton <piper_pa20@xxxxxxxxxxx>

The
"tank" port off of the cannister goes to a gas tank vent line.?? That
line should never have liquid fuel in it.? It is in no way connected to
the return gas line to the tank.??.

    JERRY REPLIES - yes, that goes to ONE of the two steel lines going back to the tank, which is air/fumes only. The OTHER one is the gas RETURN line from the dual-exit fuel filter, which DOES carry fuel. My question is, there are two different size lines, but neither matches the connection on the evap cannister which says Tank, so where does it mate with a similar size 1/4 connection? Maybe I wasn't clear on that question. Those are the only two lines available that I see going back to the tank.
?
The purge line is probably
connected correctly.? You just need to trace that circuit to make sure
that you have a complete circuit from the PVC which is then routed into
the suction side of the manifold.? The purge connection should be Tee'd
into that circuit.
?Joe Fulton

JERRY REPLIES - ok, that's what I thought. I'll need to find a pictorial diagram of that to try to see if what I have is what it should be. Or someone with a picture of a '76 set-up.