Re: [AMC-list] Fw: matador machine & clones

Re: [AMC-list] Fw: matador machine & clones

I was reading the Standard Catalog of American Motors last night and noticed that what you guys are calling a Matador Machine technically really did not exist did it?  There was a package called the Go-Machine package offered for the Matador at least in 1971 which could include a 360 or 401 V8, dual exhausts, handling package, power disc brakes E-60x15 RWL tires on 15x7 styled steel wheels.  Other than the distinctive wheels where was nothing to set this off from any other Matador.  Presumably it was offered only on Matador hardtops, but someone with a 1971 Data Book would be able to tell for sure.

I think this package would be analogous to the G0 packages for the AMXs.

Joe Fulton