-----------
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 23:17:02 -0700
From: tom jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>

With the head, valve cover, trough plate, adapter and Weber on, the motor
sure looks cool and silly on the stand.

Also popped the top on the trans, cleaned off the two magnets out that I'd
installed on the oil return troughs (minor crud) and changed the oil for the
hell of it. Put 20W-50 synth in it this time, I'll see how it behaves with
such runny juice. Cleaned up and inspected the flywheel, clutch parts,
linkages, etc for reinstall.

I still find it odd the way the clutch behaves, all in at the top of the
pedal, and one-finger pedal pressure. From what I hear from everyone this is
totally normal, but it's disconcerting. I momentarily contemplated moving
the pushrod or pedal pivot position to change the leverage but I came to my
senses before any needless work was done.

--
Frank Swygert
For all AMC enthusiasts