Re: [AMC-list] Cotten Pacer Headliner Pointers?

           Very cool idea Tom! I may consider it!   Thanks, Jay

________________________________
From: tom jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>
To: "AMC, Rambler, Nash, Jeep and family" <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wed, March 24, 2010 9:26:05 PM
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] Cotten Pacer Headliner Pointers?

> The only other big tip is to keep in mind that you are working with contact
> cement which has no forgiveness. Work with it on half at a time and start in
> the middle. Having another person or two around to guide it into place would
> very likely help.

I used caulk-gun size tubes of silicone. It's pasty and therefore hard to
apply thinly and evenly, but it's not critical. It also doesn't drip, and
allows for plenty of adjustment time. It won't soak through fabric either.
It was especially handy for the edges etc where things show. Silicone will
age well too.