From: Garry Nordstrom <gasnordstrom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wed, March 24, 2010 8:49:05 AM
Subject: [AMC-list] 79 pacer limited

I have tracked down some history on the Pacer limited wagon and information leads me to believe that 39763 is the correct mileage.

In tracking title, shows one owner, purchased at the owners estate sale, found in storage.  Speedometer ,numbers are correctly lined up, usually on a rollover, numbers misaligned, hood,brake release, the white shows no fading, handles shine.  Brake pedal, emg pedal and footfeet all shine, none show wear.
Arms rest show no dirt or grim, wood trim on doors and dash, no scratches. no pitting on trim, no rock chips on grill hood, windshield.
Undercoating looks stable, none missing.
Engine bay relatively clean. no rust on floor pans.

Now the problem areas, transmission seals leaking,pulling tyranny.  Removal from storage,  an item hit the pass door, should have new door,
lower quarters need replacing, no other rust issues.
I would appreciate input in finding the door, source for lower quarters.

As I am still waiting to settle with the insurance company on my loss of garage last oct!!  All equipment gone, no tools, this project will follow completion of the CJ8 barn find.

I looked into the 4.0 motor for the CJ, short block.  I talked to the guy, the motor has things done to it, I never knew existed. wants 1250.00 for it, but he states if he finishes it, ported heads, offy intake 600cfm , mds and all the goodies fooooor an additional 5700.00 it will dyno over 400 hp guaranteed.  Hell all I wanted was the short block. Plus states, won't idel under 1300 rpm's,  yea right, will have to put grandkids in 4 point restraints to go to the DQ.

Soooo, if you know of sources for the door and lower quarters, would love it
Garry