Re: [AMC-list] Simple Pleasures or utter frustration....

Pulsing doesn't sound good to me. That might be the pressure regulator popping open/closed which can suddenly stick.

From: Matt Haas <mhaas@xxxxxxx>
To: "AMC, Rambler, Nash, Jeep and family" <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] Simple Pleasures or utter frustration....

It looks like it was the switch. The gauge set I ordered came in (gotta
love real parts stores that can get stuff the next day) and after at
least 30 minutes of running, I had 25 PSI at idle. I did notice pulsing
with it (got better as it got hotter, was about a 5 PSI pulse at its
worst and about 1 PSI when I shut it off) but I think that has more to
do with it being a gear type pump than anything else. Once it quits
raining, I want to drive it around a little bit to get the oil good and
hot to make sure.

Speaking of the gauge set, it has 2 gauges with it. One goes up to 50
PSI, the other goes up to 600 PSI. If I need to do any pressure tests
with an automatic transmission, I'll have the gauge to do it. If not,
I'll have a neat looking gauge set.

Matt