[AMC-list] Simple Pleasures

For months now I have been looking for the correct nylon clips to hold the side moldings (mouldings?) for my 65 Rambler 330.   I recently even purchased some very similar clips from Edrie Marquez (with a Jeep part number) which will have to be modified somewhat.   I have been to a local auto body supplier numerous times checking his clips in packages on the rack and bringing home similar samples to see if they would work.  Nothing was truly a match.

I was all prepared to put the newly purchased moldlings today and I remembered that I had parted out a 65 330 last year.  I sold the complete rear quarter panels and fenders but I still had the doors.  Duh.  I checked the doors and they had about 10 clips intact.  Exactly what I needed.  Life is good.

Joe Fulton