Re: [AMC-list] what's up with this? (books)

Re: [AMC-list] what's up with this? (books)

Frank wrote:
"Some of the book sellers are like car sellers -- they see one listing at a high price and follow suit, or it's a book they've never seen or heard of and assume it's rare and valuable. None of those would be on my "must have" list for AMC books, though the AMX/Javelin Portfolio is a good one for those models. That's not to say they aren't good AMC books, especially if you're mainly into the muscle cars. All of those should sell in the $20-$30 range as used books, I'd think -- about what they retailed for new. They aren't really rare books, just out of print. "

Agreed, and there are a mess of rare AMC books out of print. However, like many of our cars, just being out of print, or rare, does not equate to market vaule in many cases.

Here is a book list off my site:

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/main/amc_books.htm

also can consider this book:

http://www.hobbyobsession.com/bjsbook.html

of which have seen sell on ebay for $75. So one sells for $75, then suddenly everyone runs and suts off their copy and dumps it trying to ride the coat tails of a high $ sale.

I could go on here about one of the first Superman min condition comic books still known to exist selling for over $1 million

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100222/ap_en_ot/us_superman_first_issue

and hope that is not a fine Nash product he is fixing to hurl, but suddenly on heels of this, other collectors are phishing their same/similiar to 'get a piece of the action'. Even with reprints...........

http://cgi.ebay.com/ACTION-COMICS-1-SUPERMAN-REPRINT-1976-VF_W0QQitemZ360241520678QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item53e0116026
Eddie Stakes
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx