Re: [AMC-list] Aluminum 195.6 Freeze

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 22:21, <das24rules@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  Stripped oil pump drive?!
>

> the oil pump i stripped the teeth on.

Oh yeah, I forgot that business. Stuck lifters and all that.

I feel like I'm getting a handle on this motor's oddities. I'm pretty
confident that I won't have to do all that constant head retorquing. It's
gonna get torqued COLD like a normal engine, not hot like the TSM says. The
head cooling should really improve that, and the two (2!) temp sensors I
added to the head will help prove (or disprove...) it.

I think I figured out how to prime this thing before I crank it. I'll pack
the oil pump with vaseline, then with a squirt bottle with a nozzle (my shop
"oil can" is an electronics plastic squeeze bottle) fill the main gallery,
oil filter hoses, then fill the oil filter. Then the pump just has to mostly
fill up the sump pickup (but it has to do that every time anyways).

I'm gonna have a lot of extra parts! Dave gets first dibs. I already have
two cranks I can't use, and one of them is perfect, turned and polished
(came out of the NORS job). Both are volcano butts. The other is used.
Journals are greased and wrapped in plastic. Spare clean block too. Anyone
wants those now lemme know. In Los Angeles.