Re: [AMC-list] Machinist

I'm in Salinas, CA.  Lots of old cars still on the road out here and every other hotrodder, no make that 90% of the rodders drop an SBC in their car and think they have something truly unique.  Lots of rod runs, car shows etc. and many of the owners are old farts like me, but who don't want to get grease under their fingernails because it looks so tacky when they are holding a glass of wine.

Utilities are high. It's California.  Taxes are high.  It's California.

But Steve, my machinist does a lot of his own work, has very little help in the shop now and does good work.  There's a mechanic who works with him, but I think he prepares a separate invoice, to do the installations when a customer wants a complete turnkey job.  Some of Steve's equipment is new.  I know he bought a new or fairly new machine for boring blocks within the last couple of years.  Much of the equipment looks old, but he does quality work and I'll go back there whenever I need machine work done.

Joe Fulton